Commercial kitchens often have one thing in common to do; that is to cook the best food there can be. However, many people always need to remember the floor area; decorations in the eating area always seem to be on the walls and the lights. This, on the other hand, causes disappointments as commercial kitchens need suitable flooring to be kept open, safe, functioning, and beautiful. Below are some primary reasons vinyl flooring is ideal for any commercial kitchen.
When it comes to a kitchen, building, or home, the most important thing to consider is the safety of all in the area. The floor is the most critical part of the building and should not only be viewed with a lot of seriousness but also how it will affect all those in the building. Here are the benefits of using vinyl flooring in a commercial kitchen:
• Cushions the people walking in the kitchen or building, thus eliminating the chances of slipping and falling, making it suitable for adults and children. On the other hand, water spilled in the commercial kitchen does not become hazardous as it will only be wet and not slippery
• Does not use asbestos-like other floors that were synthetically made as it is made of vinyl pulp. This makes it non-hazardous to workers in the building unless it is burned, which does not burn easily
• Does not produce a lot of heat and isn’t cold, thus suitable for rainy and hot seasons. Therefore workers in the kitchen will not feel a burning sensation when they stand in the heat of the kitchen for long periods.
For commercial kitchens, it is best to look for flooring types that will not cut into the functional food area of the kitchen.
• Durability comes with the vinyl flooring as it is made from resilient materials that do not erode quickly; thus, changing the floor becomes almost impossible, making it cheaper
• It is cheap to buy, unlike other floors in the market
• It is cheap to install as all that is needed is the vinyl paste and the floor itself for finishing
• Does not need constant polishing as it does not lose its original color.
As commercial kitchens tend to have more traffic than a home, using vinyl flooring is the best option for flooring. This is because:
• It can easily be installed as it is already cut into sizeable pieces of 12”* 12” or 24” * 12.”
• Solid sheets of 1/8 of an inch for a commercial kitchen as it has a lot of traffic and the size is durable
• Easy to clean as it does not have the soups and colors from the kitchen itself staining the floors permanently
• Waxing can be done quickly if required
• Buffed as many times or as little as possible, depending on preference, as it barely makes a difference
• Easy to remove and replace when the need arises, even though it can last for up to a century
• Does not break like other PVC or tiles or crack like concrete as it creates a cushion feeling once pressure is applied.
When it comes to having a beautiful commercial kitchen for workers and customers, using vinyl flooring is up to par with the standards any kitchen wants. It has
• A choice of hundreds of patterns that suit the style of the decor
• Can be custom-made to look like wood, concrete, marble, ceramic, or terrazzo floor
• Different types of patterns can be used in different areas of the kitchen to form a master price design
• Can be buffed mechanically to give the shine desired easily
• Easily finished with chemical strippers for the perfect look, and it can also be refinished many times when it becomes dull
• Keeps the beauty as it has a high abrasion than other ordinary floors.
However, installation within Singapore should be done by a professional as it has yet to be widely accepted by many; thus, only a few people know how to do it independently. However, consideration should also be taken in the areas that tend to have extreme weather changes and the best type of patterned vinyl flooring to reduce the chances of accidents, as smooth finishes may not be ideal in every area of Singapore.